How Do I Make a Report?

Reports can be made using this on-line form.

Also, at University Park, reports can be made at any of the following on-campus locations, which provide these additional services. Further, a list of support resources for each Commonwealth Campus location can be found here.

Primary Resources


Info & Support

Seek Informal
 Bring a
Formal Complaint
Office of Student Conduct  Yes No Yes Yes
Center for Women Students Yes Yes Yes
(provides advocacy and assistance)
(provides advocacy and assistance)
Penn State Police Yes No No Yes
Counseling and Psychological Services Yes Yes No No
Affirmative Action Office
Yes No Yes Yes
Residence Life Yes No No


University Health Services

Yes (medical support)

No No Yes
(provides advocacy and assistance)


Examples of informal remedies include: issuing an administrative directive for no contact; speaking with the identified individual regarding  the concerning behavior as well as University expectations and related policies; changing on-campus housing assignments; changing classroom assignments. Informal remedies do not preclude the opportunity for filing a formal complaint.  


Bringing a formal complaint will include an investigation and the potential to initiate the University's Student Conduct process or employee disciplinary procedures. The individual  bringing the complaint retains considerable control, although not total, as the process unfolds. The complainant may choose to step out of the process at any point, although this may influence the University's ability to assign University disciplinary action. A complainant who chooses to file a formal complaint will also be eligible for the remedies available through an informal complaint.


Counseling and Psychological Services and University Health Services (in a clinical setting) maintain a strict level of confidentiality. Reports made to these offices are confidential and can be anonymous. Except in rare, extreme circumstances, nothing will be shared with anyone outside of these offices without complainants explicit permission.

Information shared with the remaining listed resources are kept as confidential as possible, but some information will be shared with the Title IX coordinator who is expected to be made aware of all reported Title IX violations.

Additional Resources and Reporting Options:

  • Members of the University community who believe that a Title IX violation may have occurred, should discuss their concerns and/or file a complaint with the

University’s Title IX Coordinator:

Paul Apicella, Senior Director
222 Boucke Building
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 867-0099

University’s Title IX Deputy Coordinators:

Danny Shaha
Senior Director
Office of Student Conduct
120 Boucke Building
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 863-0342; Email:

Charmelle Green
Associate Athletic Director
Intercollegiate Athletics
102 Jordan Center
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 865-1104; Email:

Kim Lantz Yoder
College of Medicine Equity Officer, C1747N
Penn State College of Medicine
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA  17033-0850
Phone: (717) 531-0003 ext. 283353;



Questions regarding web issues, please contact

Web page last modified August 29, 2016